- Weather-stripping: Good shape
- Door air-sealed properly: Yes it is
- Always like this i.e. bad install: mostly no
- Temperature below 0 (remember everything expands & contracts)
- Not enough shims in proper place (should be at least 3 spots – 6″ to 9″ down, center, 6″ to 9″ up — larger doors may require more) & in this case there are none on this side of the door – just screws were used
Now how about those clips for quick install – if the clips are used on the inside & outside is properly attached then you should be good…
A Wednesday What Is It?
Wacky Weds: Baby it's cold out, even for this wall
Wacky Weds: Why do we always say grade 3 for fiberglass insulation?
Wacky Weds: Levels of Perfection / Fit & Finish
Wacky Weds: You have to be kidding me
Wacky Weds: Cellulose Insulation part deux
Wacky Weds: Marketing fail, blooper, or???
Wacky Weds: Ingenious light switch idea or hack?