Whether you are tradesmen, builder, architect, designer, or… there are a few simple rules that if you remember & apply will help keep you out of trouble not only now, but well into the future…
- Hot moves to cold
- Wet moves to dry
- Everything expands & contracts
- Water is like Murphy’s law & it wants to find a way in… on the plus side it also happens to be lazy, so plan for it & design a way for it to get back out
- The building is a system, not just a bunch of components (i.e. changing one item affects the others)
- Those nice static lines, equations, and diagrams are great in a lab, but reality tends to throw a monkey wrench into them.
- Just because something was great 30 years ago, doesn’t mean it is good today (e.g. most houses didn’t have AC…)
- With today’s codes, materials, & systems, you have to read & follow the directions
- Just because you saw it on the internet or in a marketing piece doesn’t make it right
- Never stop learning or improving – life & codes can sneak up on you pretty quick
For a larger view of the model and the great company behind it.