“If you fall, you are fired before you hit the ground. If you are ok and can climb back up the ladder you are rehired.” Thus started another day working for a roofing contractor who loved to use this line to basically say – think about what you are doing. Needless to say things have changed since then & now the three words heaved about by OSHA are Plan, Provide, & Train. Well that’s all fine and good but let’s try three other words that apply to everyone & that is Evaluate, Think, & Use.
It doesn’t do anyone any good if you don’t evaluate or think about what you are doing, fail to use the equipment provided &/or grab the wrong type of equipment. With that here is a quick infographic that covers the big three; roofing, ladders, and scaffolding along with from one of OSHA’s brochures.
- OSHA – Stop Fall – Prevention Campaign
- OSHA – Construction Regulations & Interpretations (Scroll down to Subpart M)
- HP&P Safety – Fall Protection, HAZMAT, and Related Classes
- Workplace Safety Store: Preventing Slips, Trips & Fall Class online & classroom
- HTRC: The Right Steps for Ladder Safety